Being

Living and loving life in this moment

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Body Integration

#12 Body integration. This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn't mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?


I imagine this post will sound a lot like many others (especially Boulder peeps) posts on this prompt. When it comes to body integration, yoga is the place it’s at.
I’ve written about this here, there and everywhere and it’s only the 12th day of December. I guess it’s a good thing that yoga is so integrated into my life that it comes up a lot in my reverb posts. However, I don’t want to be redundant. So I’m keeping this one short.

When I’m on my mat moving through a Sun flow is when I feel like a cohesive ME.

I feel like my thoughts, feelings and words are aligned. And I’ve taken to signaling that to myself at the end of my practice. Starting with my palms together at heart center, I move them to my third eye center and then to my lips. Only then do I bow to the teacher in myself.
It’s important to me that I acknowledge keeping myself in alignment before acknowledging myself as a teacher. I know that I as I practice this alignment on the mat and in day to day life I can truly become a *teacher* through my actions not just my vocation.

No comments:

Post a Comment