Being

Living and loving life in this moment

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Beautifully Different

#8 Beautifully different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different - you'll find they're what make you beautiful.


Here’s 50 random things about me that make me “different”… sort of like being unique… like everybody else.
(It's a list that goes along with that part about me loving myself- all those little imperfections....)
1. I’m abnormally tall.
2. I’m ridiculously silly.
3. I geek out on education theory and children’s picture books.
4. I’m fiercely loyal.
5. I’m a Kindergarten teacher.
6. I’m authentic and I’m not afraid to show emotion… ever. Happy or sad…
7. I’ve collected teddy bears since I was a child. (If I was Ef I would hashtag this #singleforlife)
8. I’m an awesome cheerleader (both supportive and caring and I still fit into my uniform from HS)
9. I have a birthmark that is the shape of France.
10. I have two tattoos in two different languages.
11. I’ll probably be getting another two in the next year.
12. I’m relatively shy and old-fashioned. I wait to be introduced to people- which apparently comes off as snobby.
13. I’ve been told I’m intimidating.
14. I grew up skiing and I’m just not that excited about it anymore.
15. I’m carrying around 15 more pounds than I’d like to be.
16. I love wine (you probably already knew that).
17. I love food (you also knew that).
18. I have NO idea how to reconcile numbers 14-16.
19. I love yoga, but that is just not getting it done.
20. Sometimes I worry that I’ll die alone.
21. Sometimes I hope I do, so I can avoid all the crap that goes on in so many eff-ed up relationships.
22. My little sister is my “bestest” friend in the whole world.
23. I consider my mom a best friend too.
24. My parents are divorced. And good friends.
25. I’ve had a number of songs dedicated to me over the years. Including Tom Petty’s “Free Fallin’” (cheesy, I know) and KT Tungstall’s “Suddenly I See”.
26. I am almost always cold.
27. I am totally obsessed with shoes. See numbers 38-40.
28. I fell off a 40-foot high telephone pole last year (in a harness, I was totally safe).
29. My eyes aren’t really blue or green. They’re somewhere in between.
30. I’m a cat person. But I love dogs too.
31. I really, really, really love baths.
32. I had a shot at modeling, once a upon a time/ 25 pounds ago, but went to college at my parents’ insistence.
33. I used to leap before I looked. Then I got burned.
34. Speaking of, I fell into a campfire at the age of five. I have a significant scar that I’m quite proud of.
35. No, I won’t show you the scar. Or the tattoos.
36. I talk too much.
37. I quit drinking coffee this year.
38. I love tea. Especially from Atlas Purveyors!
39. I love high heels, but I rarely wear them due to numbers 1 and 5.
40. Fortunately, I also love ballet flats.
41. (I do not love Dansko’s but I wear them anyway because they’re good for me.)
42. I am a product junkie. I love lotions and gels and creams. Can’t get enough.
43. I think that “Pet Sounds” is the greatest album ever. I <3 The Beach Boys.
44. I pretty much just love music in general.
45. Flattery will get you everywhere.
46. I blush easily. And I like that.
47. I take myself too seriously.
48. I have road-rage. And I speed. (What? I like to go fast!)
49. I love my bed.
50. I have a superpower… I just don’t remember what it is…

No comments:

Post a Comment