Being

Living and loving life in this moment

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Achieve


#28 Achieve. What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.

So- I’m changing this prompt to better fit my beliefs about what is important. I’ve spent a lot of time in the past decade “achieving” and I’ve spent a lot of time focusing on the “doing”.  And the “having”.  So this year I’m focusing on the “being”.
I think this might be the point, right?! If I can just *be* happy or complete or free… then I don’t have to wait for people or things or events to make me feel that way. And I can feel it today!  Plus… YAY! I get to make another list!!!

Ten Ways I can *be* Joyful… right NOW!
1.     Be present
2.     Stay Calm
3.     Take deep breaths
4.     Smile more
5.     Smile bigger
6.     Let go
7.     Dance (everywhere)
8.     Be in awe
9.     Say “Thank you!”
10. Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment